Vancouver is a model of urban utopianism, unblemished by freeways and unfettered by architectural precedents. With this in mind and inspired by the legendary land featured in James Hilton’s novel, Lost Horizon, published in 1933, the name Shangri-La encapsulates the serenity and hospitality for which the brand is renowned worldwide.
Evenings and nightlife in this city can feel serenely relaxed or wildly intoxicating. To live here surrounds you with the best our city has to offer, both day and night.
The 640-foot glass tower is an understated, elegant form respectful of its setting along Vancouver's prestigious Georgia Street. The angled form responds to city views of the North Shore mountains and opens the landscaped lower level amenities to sunlight and the pedestrian activities of the Robson Street corridor. A green belt of bamboo angles across the site, linking both Georgia and Alberni to the upper-level garden and restaurants. The greening on the lower levels extends up the tower's southwest façade to a garden crown at the roof, reflecting the natural surroundings of Vancouver.
BUILDING FEATURES AND AMENITIES
- Infinity pool and hot tub
- 4,200 square foot Fitness Centre with Techno Gym equipment and yoga and pilates room
- Resort style locker, changing facilities and steam rooms
- Chi Spa treatments available at preferred rates
- Corporate quality function rooms with high-resolution video projection, wireless Internet and video conferencing capabilities
- Business Centre with four, semi-private work stations, a private office plus an eight-seat boardroom available for booking
- Games Room
- 40-seat multi-media Screening Room
- Access to Shangri-La Hotel lounge and fine dining restaurant, restaurants, Urban Fare gourmet market
- Optional housekeeping and other hotel services
- Secured common bicycle storage rooms
- Doorman and concierge services
- Valet parking
- Limousine service provided within the downtown peninsula
- 24-Hour Concierge
- First 15 floors occupied by a 119 room Shangri-La Hotel
- The private residential portion includes 234 live/work condos from Floors 16-43 and 66 estate suites from Floors 44-61
- 6 Levels of below-grade parking
Architect: James Cheng
Developed By: Westbank Projects and Peterson Investment Group
Management: Tribe Management, 604-343-2601
Pets: Allowed 2 dogs or 2 cats or 1 dog and one cat
Rental: Allowed but not be rented of less than thirty (30) consecutive days and no unit shall be occupied under a lease, sub-lease, contract, or license arrangement for transient or hotel purposes.
Maintenance Fees Include: Management, Janitorial, Garbage, Recycling, Pest Control, Landscaping, Internet, Gas, Electricity, and HVAC.